- On January 18, we celebrate Winnie the Pooh Day, because on this day his «inventor», children's book author Alan Alexander Milne, was born.
- On July 10 the international Teddy Bear Picnic Day takes place.
- September 9 is the National Teddy Bear Day.
- On November 7th we are looking forward to celebrating the National Hug a Bear Day.
- And finally, November 16th is «Have a Party with Your Bear Day».
- The most expensive antique teddy bear comes from the Steiff company. It was made in 1926 and was auctioned at Christie's in London in 2002 for 156'240 Euro.
- The biggest teddy bear in the world comes from the company «Martin Bären». It measures 5.40 meters, weighs about 500 kilos and can be seen at the German Teddy Bear Museum in Sonneberg.
- The world's smallest teddy also comes from Germany. It measures only 5 millimeters, but is still fully mobile. «Mini the Pooh» (that's its name) is in the museum «A World in Miniature» in Carlisle (England).
- And let's not forget Teddy «Babbage». In 2014, he jumped from a height of 39,000 meters, breaking the record of the extreme sportsman, the Austrian Felix Baumgartner. Babbage had made the ascent using a hydrogen balloon. As soon as the cutting mechanism separated the teddy bear from the balloon, Babbage came back down to earth.
- For example, the Spielzeug Welten Museum Basel has the world's largest teddy bear collection with more than 2,500 old teddy bears. The Steiff teddy bears are an important part of this collection.
- The Teddybärmuseum in Baden is said to make collectors' hearts beat faster. Hundreds of antique teddy bears are displayed in lively and amusing scenes on three floors of a beautiful old town house. You can see bears baking cakes, in the old village school, at the doctor's, on a trip and many more.
- Finally, Sempach also has a «Teddy Bear Museum». The whole thing started here with the private passion for collecting of the today's museum boss, who at some point didn't know where to put all her teddies. She had received the first one as an adult, as a gift from her husband. And this first teddy bear had then laid the first stone «of a wonderful friendship».