- You could hold a classic barbecue, a cold buffet with lots of tasty snacks or a party where the guests bring their own food or part of it (bring-and-share party).
Planning the type of party and food
A barbecue party where everyone is pushing towards the grill or a bring-along party with lots of potato salad? This can be avoided with our tips.
Barbecue and other outdoor cooks as well as fans of the open air will enjoy a garden party very much. The only question is how you will present the whole occasion:
- Bring-and-share parties are a good way to cushion the cost impact. Agree on exactly who will do what. For example, you can ask guests to bring salads or a dessert, or the aperitif, or bread. You can also request them to bring the barbecue meat that they would like to eat (that way, everyone gets something they like). The important thing is for you to know exactly who is bringing what.
- In the case of a barbecue, ask yourself how you want to handle it. Will everybody do their own? And if so: is there enough room at the barbecue? If not, you may be able to borrow more barbecues from friends or neighbours.
- If you don't want your guests to cook themselves, you need a "barbecue boss". It might be you, otherwise ask among the guests or hire a professional (e.g. the butcher where you buy the meat or a caterer).
- If the number of guests is large enough, you may want to spit-roast a suckling pig. Order it early and put it on the barbecue in good time.
- Here are some rules of thumb to make it easier for you to plan the quantities of food. For starters and salads, allow 250 g per person, for meat and fish 150-200 g and for desserts 100-200 g. Don’t forget vegetarians - offer vegetable kebabs or veggie-burgers, for example.
Flowers for the summer
Happy tulip meadow
CHF 46.00 - CHF 86.00
Spring Dream in a Basket with Gottlieber Hüppen «Special Edition for Fleurop»
CHF 69.50 - CHF 109.50
Melody of Color with Munz chocolate ladybird
CHF 59.90 - CHF 99.90
A Basket full of Poetry with Roses with SIGG travel mug NESO Cup Pure Ceram Pink 0.3L
CHF 94.85 - CHF 144.85
Spring Dream with SIGG travel mug NESO Cup Pure Ceram Glacier 0.3L
CHF 78.85 - CHF 118.85
Colorful Surprise with SIGG water bottle Meridian Electric Blue 0.5L
CHF 110.85 - CHF 180.85
Delicate spring basket
CHF 60.00 - CHF 100.00
More about cool garden parties
Refreshing iced tea recipes from Gottlieber Arranged in long drink glasses and served like an aperitif on the rocks: homemade iced teas are the cult drink for hot days. Flowery place cards Sometimes it can be important who is at the table with whom. We leave that decision to you. But we show you how original and stylish «place cards» can be. Exotic fruit vases No vacation in sight? Travel not possible? Our decoration tips help to spice up barbecues or small garden parties with a little holiday atmosphere. First steps towards a garden party We admit it. Some tips are only meant for larger parties, which are currently taboo. But many also make sense for small celebrations or barbecues. Planning the type of party and food A barbecue party where everyone is pushing towards the grill or a bring-along party with lots of potato salad? This can be avoided with our tips. With or without alcohol? Which drinks do I offer my guests? And how do I cool all this? Answers to these and other questions and suggestions can be found here. Weather, infrastructure and equipment Seating is scarce, too few dishes, too much heat or even unexpected rain? We'll tell you what you can do about it. Garden party decoration: basics Party theme, wind, rain, cool evenings and darkness: here you can find out how garden party decoration does justice to everything and where you could decorate.